How to apply the Muscletrac to the Plantar Fascia (Foot)
- Take off your shoe and place it on the floor.
- Elevate one end of the Muscletrac® on your shoe.
- Sit with your leg bent and your foot on the Muscletrac in a relaxed position to allow for proper penetration and release of the muscle and fascia.
- The first few runs of the foot are diagnostic, scanning the foot to feel the restrictive tissue/tightness and trigger points. Run the full length of the foot, from the ball of your foot to your heel, 10-15 times with light to moderate pressure. As you scan your foot, stop the Muscletrac when you feel tightness, soreness or a knot (trigger Point). Apply a steady pressure for 5-10 seconds to “open up” and release the area; hold longer for more dense areas. Continue with 10-15 more runs and move on to another area.
- Stay off of the joints and bones.
- Areas with excessive restriction may require additional attention.